Wednesday, 4 March 2015
Week 8
This week we learned linked list. To my understanding linked list is similar to normal list without the index value of each item. To make a linked list, we must have a start and an end, with each node linked with another node, from the start to the end. One thing I don't understand is why do we use linked list. I feel like linked list is outclassed by other data structures in every perspectives; in term of searching efficiency, linked list has a efficiency of n, whereas tree has log(n); in term of sequence and index, list would instant return a value given an index, whereas linked list needs to go through the entire list to return a value; in term of storing data with less space, I believe sets and dictionaries are more efficient. I just can't find a situation where linked list would be the ideal structure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment